Thursday, December 18, 2008

Trying something new

So, I posted a blog a couple weeks ago asking you about your skin care routines and saying that I went off benzoyl peroxide and started using aha instead, well my skin was clearing up nicely for about a week then it started breaking out again agggghhhh!!! what to do now? I'm still not using BP and I don't plan on going back to it, so here is what I have decided to do, NOTHING. Thats right I'm stopping the use of all topical facial skin care products, I have used a zillion products over the years and I always end up stopping, switching in hopes of finding something better, and ultimately being dissatisfied with EVERYTHING I have ever used, so I'm just sick of it, I'm throwing my hands up. My friend Laura doesn't use anything on her skin, except for maby giving it a quick wash every few days and her skin is gorgeous. Jared does nothing to his skin at all, as most guys don't except shave and he has great skin to, in fact all the people I can think of that have amazing skin have a very simple skin care routine if any at all. I've been reading on some skin care message boards about people just like me who have used every acne product under the sun, decided to stop everything and their skin improved a lot, and that all these products only irritate the skin and CAUSE acne. SO I'M DONE, again I'm taking a leap of faith, I'll update in couple weeks and let you know how its going.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's just genetics babe. You worry waaaaaaaaaaay to much about your skin. It's pretty, trust me :) Just be happy and balanced inside and it will reflect outward.

Ashley said...

Good luck! I use to use NOTHING on my skin in highschool and college. Now that I think about it... that's when my skin was THE BEST! Maybe I need to go back to that too... =) Keep us updated. If you see good results... I'll try it too!

Nikki Moshier said...

Yes all those products definately agrivate your skin. Don't stop using a simple cleanser though..I've been through the ringer with my skin too so I know excactly what you are going through! But alot of it as Lisa said is worrying about it..as soon as I quit worrying about my breakouts they didn't last as long and weren't as often. You are sooooo GORGEOUS!!

Emily said...

I'm very interested in your results. Please keep me posted. I have never ending problems with my face.

Mrs. Barlow said...

I love the Garnier cleansing cloths... i have super dry skin and always need a moisturizer.. but with the cloths, it takes off makeup and junk, but it is so good i don't have to use lotion afterwards and my skin is totally smooth... I think you have gorgeous skin though! So I am sure that you don't need anything...