Friday, June 18, 2010

Utah Valley Half Marathon 2010

I ran this race last Saturday June 12th. It started at 5:30 AM at about vivian park on US 189 up provo canyon and ended at provo town center mall. I finished in 2 hours 22 mins and I ran the whole way. I beat my Hoover Dam half marathon time by 14 minutes so I was just excited that I improved my pace. It was cold and rainy but still so beautiful up the canyon. Running in the rain past waterfalls with the clouds sitting low against the green pine trees, there was something very magestic and magical about it.

Photobucket

Everyone freezing their bootys off at about 5AM waiting for the race to start

Utah Valley Half Marathon June 12th 2010

We did it! This is Jessett, a new friend I made at the race

Photobucket

The Peay sisters, me and Jessett

Next I want to do a triathlon!

2 comments:

Emily said...

Way to go Ash! You are amazing. And Happy Birthday!!

the Lola Letters said...

Yay for you chick, SERIOUSLY!
That was such a cold weekend - and it's so cool that you improved your pace!